When I first got my DJI Mavic Pro, I was excited to get into the air. My phone is the LG G4 running the latest version of Android. I found out quickly how frustrating it is to use an Android device with the DJI Mavic Pro and the DJI Go 4 App. I battled with the phone, app, and drone for days until I came up with a foolproof process that works every time.
- Unlock the Android device and close all apps.
- Put the Android device into the controller.
- Make sure the Android device is NOT plugged into the controller. I pull the USB from the side of the controller.
- Turn on the controller (push power twice, holding it on the second push)
- Turn on the Mavic Pro (push power twice, holding it on the second push)
- Unlock the Android device if it is locked.
- Plug the USB into the controller.
- Wait for the app to appear.
- Click “Go Fly” in the app.
- Smile, your drone is ready to fly.
These steps have allowed me to enjoy the DJI Mavic Pro without the frustration or worry of using an Android device.